Friday, February 19, 2010

6 Months!

Jackson actually turned 6 months on the 6th but I wanted to wait until he had been to the doctor for his stats. We've made it to the half a year mark with little Jackson, at times I wasn't sure if I would survive but thanks to my dr and some great meds, I have! (to clarify, Jackson isn't that horrible of a baby, he's definitely not easy, very high maintenance, and fussy but overall he's healthy and and loves his Mommy. But he has solidified his spot as being the caboose of our family. I've had a hard time with all that's happened with our move and situation, a scary labor and delivery, and a not so easy baby and wasn't snapping out of it like I thought I would by 4 months. I didn't want to go on something because I was scared of side effects and having a hard time going off it eventually, but after many nights of laying awake in bed having anxiety attacks that Jackson might wake up and just not being happy with my life I got on low doses of an anti depressant and anti anxiety medication and it has made a world of difference. I don't think I've slept this good since having kids!) So to get on with my original reason to be posting Jackson just had his 6 month appt today and is growing great. The poor little guy got 5 shots and an oral immunization , he did not like the doctor at all and didn't want that strange man touching him. The doctor was concerned about his big head so we're hoping it stops growing for a while, I think he just has big brains and is going to be really smart! So here are some facts about Jackson, I'm not good at writing in a journal, so this will help me keep track.

* Jackson weighs 17 lbs 3.5 oz. and is 27 1/2 in. long
* He has 2 little teeth that just came through this week.
* He finally rolled from back to front the day before he was 6 months but screams when he is on his tummy still. He can't roll back over and he acts like a turtle on its back and just screams until you flip him back over.
* He is still very sensitive and cries or throws tantrums easily.
* He just went off his reflux med and seems fine, but is still a spitty baby.
* He wants to put everything in his mouth and throws a fit if he doesn't get what he wants.
* He eats 5-6 oz. of formula every 3-4 hours during the day and has cereal and fruit for breakfast and cereal and veggies for dinner. He loves to eat!
* He goes to bed around 7:45 and sleeps til about 5:30, drinks a bottle then sleeps til about 8:30. He's finally letting Jorge feed him and put him to bed.(which is important since I'm going to San Fransisco with my mom in 2 weeks!)
* He takes 2 naps a day one at 10:30 and one around 3, his morning one is always better and longer.
* He's a fussy little guy and likes to be held and acts tired a lot.
* He gave up his binky at 4 months for some reason, I am still so sad, but he likes to suck on a little blanky to put himself to sleep.
* He's very much a mommy's boy and wants me to do everything for him. If someone else is holding him and he sees me he puts his little lip out then starts sobbing.
* He LOVES his brothers, when they play with him he laughs and squeals and kicks his legs like crazy. He also loves Sadie the dog, when he's fussy we go find her and bug her.
* He is obsessed with the vacuum, when he sees it he gets excited and won't stop looking at it until I vacuum, He loves to be held while I vacuum, I'm going to have some muscles if he keeps this up! I know what he's getting for his 1st birthday!
* Jackson has many nicknames, Jack Jack, Jacky bug, Jack, Baby J, and Bubba.
* He loves going on walks, when he gets tired of being in the stroller he lets me know and I put him in the front pack.
* He loves his baths but not getting dressed.
* He loves looking at himself in the mirror.
* He absolutely hates going in his carseat in the car, wherever we go he is usually screaming within minutes, so unfortunately we stay home a lot.
* He can sit up for a few seconds then tips over and he doesn't like to stand up.

We love our little Jackson so much and as challenging as he can be sometimes we know he is meant to be in our family and wouldn't know what to do without him. Here are a few recent pictures of him.




5 comments:

Kim said...

He is so cute! And so big! I love, love, love 6 months and beyond such a fun age.

Unknown said...

so stinkin cute! I am so glad that you are sounding and feeling like yourself again.

More Caffiene, Please said...

He is so darling! And I love that he loves the vacuum. Trey has always been obsessed and we now have four toy "vroom vrooms." The kid is three and still asks me if we can vacuum every day.

Alisha said...

Holly, I'm sorry you never got your little girl, but seriously, you have the cutest boys I've ever seen! And you know Jackson's going to be smart, just like his brothers! I'm glad you are feeling better. Maybe now that Jackson's letting Jorge take care of him more, then I could take you to a movie or something sometime!

Anyway, if I don't see you before you leave for San Fran, then I hope you have a great time, because you deserve it!! Love you guys!

becky said...

I can't believe he is already 6 mo old. What a cutey. he is adorable. Good for you that you found a way to feel better. It is a big deal to be a mom all over again and especially moving and changing jobs. I'm glad you are doing a little better. Fun you get to go to Cali.