Sunday, July 27, 2008

Camping at Mirror Lake

Last weekend we got to go camping at Mirror Lake with my family. My parents went up on Thursday and took Kaden and my brother Kelly. My brother Michael and his family and my Grandma and Grandpa also went up and took their trailers. On friday after my brother Kevin and his wife Jessica got off work Jorge, Nicolas, and me rode up to join them. Right after we got up there I noticed Jorge talking to the people in the camp next to ours. I am used to Jorge talking to random people but I thought that was weird. I walked over to see who he was talking to and it was the Lemon's who lived across the street from us in Lehi! Its a small world! We enjoyed a yummy bbq dinner and smores then headed off to bed. Everyone was in trailers but our family and Kevin and Jessica. Instead of sleeping in a tent I decided to sleep in the back of my dads truck with Nicolas. It got really cold at night and we didn't get much sleep. On Saturday we started the day off with an artery clogging breakfast. It was the first time Nicolas has had bacon and sausage and he loved it! We then went for walks, went fishing, canoeing, and sat around enjoying the sun. For dinner we had a chicken and potatoes dutch oven dinner and celebrated Jorge's birthday a week late with some brownies and icecream. That night we bundled up and slept much better. After cleaning up Sunday morning we went for a nice walk and headed home. Thanks Mom and Dad for a fun camping trip!



Kelly and Kaden went fishing and Kaden caught this fish. He surprised me by carrying it around to show everyone. He was pretty proud of the first fish he's ever caught!

A Guitar Hero compitition in the trailer.

Nicolas and Jacob worked hard trying to figure out how to turn the water on. They finally got it to turn on and got all wet!

Jorge's belated birthday party

Kevin and Jorge in the canoe

I took Nicolas for a walk around the lake in the evening. It wasn't the best idea. He was tired and whined the whole 45 minutes. Half way around it got really rocky and I had to carry him in the stroller. Here we are taking a little break and enjoying the sunset.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

that looks like so much fun! That lake is gorgeous. glad you made it back to CA safely ...